I've just had one of the best weekends of my life.
Guy surprised me with a pre-baby trip away.
Eeeek!!

He told me we were going to visit his parents
....which we were....
but it turned out that it was for the children 
to have a special holiday...

and for us to go on to here....


As we drove up the driveway, 
I had a hunch that this was somewhere lovely...
and, wooooah....
it was!


Rushton Hall.
An Elizabethan Country Spa Hotel.

I can't even begin to tell you how special a time it was.
So romantic.
It was an incredible place to stay.

We played cards and had drinks here...


Had long, lazy breakfasts here...


Then, on Saturday, Guy suggested that we might like to visit Barnsdale Gardens,
which was the base of BBC Gardener's World for 13 years. We had a lovely gentle walk round all 39 mini-plots before having a delicious lunch. 

There were lots of quiet spots for sitting down and resting
...good for pregnant legs....
...and kissing...


Spending prolonged time together alone 
feels like such a huge luxury at the moment.
I am so grateful for the snatches of solitary gorgeousness that we do get.


Thank you, Guy.
You totally wooed me.



Images via Rushton Hall and Barnsdale Gardens

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top