Franki of Life in a Venti cup is off to Vegas for the "Blog World Expo". Imagine a convention devoted entirely to Blogging. And if that is not enough I was amazed to read these statics on the convention's web-site.......
- Over 12 million American adults currently maintain a blog.
- More than 147 million Americans use the Internet.
- Over 57 million Americans read blogs.
- 1.7 million American adults list making money as one of the reasons they blog.
- 89% of companies surveyed say they think blogs will be more important in the next five years.
- 9% of Internet users say they have created blogs .
- 6% of the entire US adult population has created a blog .
- Technorati is currently tracking over 70 million blogs .
- over 120 thousand blogs are created every day .
- There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day .
- 22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs .
- 37% of blog readers began reading blogs in 2005 or 2006 .
- 51% of blog readers shop online .
- Blog readers average 23 hours online each week .
The statistic that really captured my attention is that "blog readers average 23 hours online each week". Wow. What do you think of these statistics, and do you think that Blogging is here to stay??
Photo Patricia Gray