I'm now in the Serious Run-Up to Christmas and am fully House-Decorated, Nativity-Play-Attended, Card-Delivered, Christmas- Party-Thrown and have just the annual Wrapathon to attend to this evening. And then, I hope, unless I'm missing something very major {Gah! Where's the tree?!}, these last few days can just be fun and frivolously exciting, as we stir the children into galactic levels of excitement and anticipation. I do wish it was Christmas every day.


When I saw these photos over at Skin and Blister (who is running a brilliant ShareAdvent series that I am simply gobbling up) I just had to email and ask if I could share them with you.
{Thanks, Anna!}


They are taken around the Spitalfields Market area of London.

It was this photo that had me welling up a wee bit.


Isn't that window amazing?

Something about the grittiness of the area, the building and the heavily industrial quality of the architecture contrasts perfectly with this incredible message of hope. Not limited to the rich rulers and intellectual elite, Almighty God came in the form of a vulnerable, tiny, little baby, also for the weak, the tired and the worn-out.

May you have a truly Merry Christmas.


Images via Skin and Blister

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top