I'm very proud to present our Dining Room paint colour reveal!  We used Gregory's Den by Earthborn. I struggled long and hard to find this perrrrrfect paint colour; I was a woman on a mission.


Here's a reminder of the Before state of our Dining Room. We took this photo as the previous owners were moving out. Dotty wallpaper plus border plus LOTS of varnished orange pine!


Here's another picture, facing the other way:


I wanted a lighter version of the paint I picked for the kitchen. F&B don't do lighter and darker versions of their colours generally so I had to ....shock, horror....go elsewhere! 


Earthborn's Gregory's Den was a brilliant match for a lighter, less coloured version of Farrow and Ball's Blue Gray. I am quite extraordinarily pleased with the flow-through effect between the kitchen and dining room. 


Earthborn's Gregory's Den is my favourite kind of colour: is it grey? Is it green? Is it blue? Yummy! 


Gregory's Den used to be called Treehouse, which caused a great big muddle with getting hold of the paint, let me tell you. The only place I've found to order it online is here


Earthborn paints have an incredibly chalky, matte finish, which looks utterly beautiful but, I have to say, isn't the most practical for sticky little hands so I am expecting to have to touch this up a fair bit.


Remember that this was a quickie makeover, rather than a rip-out-and-start-again. However, there was so much room for improvement that we decided to work with what we had and invest elsewhere.... but that that hardly seem to matter. The power of paint is incredible. Isn't it amazing what £50 can achieve!?


We're SO thrilled with this room. Strangely, for a room that wasn't completely over-hauled, this is one of my absolute favourite places in the house! The creamy grey of Earthborn's Gregory's Den is a fantastic start to one of my favourite makeovers ever...
More details coming soon!

Love
Sarahx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top