You know how we talking about wall art making a house a home
I have fallen for these framed antique microscope slides in a big way.


It can be hard to find suitable pieces that appeal as much to the man of the house as to the laydee.  However, these microscope slides, with their delicate blend of science and art, seem to cross every T and dot every I on that tricksome front.


The pictures, by Hannah Brown Interiors, were featured in the Guardian last week as part of a feature about Father's Day gift ideas and I'm thinking they'd be just perfect for Mr Modern Country.


I clicked through on the link to find a whole host of treasures on the Hannah Brown Interiors website.... hello retail therapy!


My all-time favourite being these gorgeous blown quails eggs, enclosed in a weathered timber frame.


Perfectly masculine but also perfectly beautiful.  


These pieces are original, beautiful and steeped in natural history. Could there be a better answer to the His/Her conundrum? I can't imagine anything more exquisitely Modern Country on my walls.


All images via Hannah Brown Interiors

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top