Modern Country Kitchen
I know I've plodded through showing you the shelves rather slowly. But that's not an apology, rather, I've done it purposefully. I have a tendency to race through the posts relating to showing rooms. I just get so excited and want to reveal everything all at once. Slow down, Mrs Modern Country. This time round, I'm determined to take the pace slower. 'm hoping your liking sseeing our kitchen gently unfold.

So......now it's time for the bottom shelf to have its time in the spotlight. It's been patiently biding its time.

Modern Country shelves
First up is this platter is from Dibor. Do you remember me mentioning Dibor in an earlier post? It's where I got my top shelf large mugs from. They sell gorgeous French goodies by Mail Order in the UK. Definitely to be checked out if you haven't been there before. You're in for a treat.

Modern Country hearts
It's hand-finished. I love it so much! If we're having some kind of help-yourself meal, then I lay out food on here. Ooooh, so yummy.

It looked a bit odd all on its own there so I put these four jugs in front. Two of them are made by Denby in their Greenwich style. They're such a beautiful colour. A subtle glaucous glaze.


I got this patterned jug from a little ceramics company exhibiting at the Country Living Fair. I love it's gentle monochrome roses, with a toile de jouy feel.

Modern Country jug


The last jug was a present from my mother (along with some lovely flowers.). It's plain and elegant all at once. Just what I like.


Lastly, is my stash of favourite recipe books.

Nigella recipe books
Yes, you are seeing rightly. You're eyes do not deceive you. I have my very own Nigella shrine in the corner of my kitchen. I thought we all do? What do you mean it's just me?

Seriously, what's not to love about her scrummy recipes? Aaaaah.

Nigella, Modern Country Style salutes you.

Modern Country Style

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top