(Errr....I feel I should add that this is intended to be taken as a parody....)

Vintage suitcases, how do I love thee?



 Let me count the ways.



I love thee to the depth and breadth and height






My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight



For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.



I love thee to the level of everyday's



Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.



I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;



I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.



I love thee with a passion put to use



In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.



I love thee with a love I seemed to lose



With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,



Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,



I shall but love thee better after death.



Images: The Style PA, A Beach Cottage, fclo, az central, This Next, skcnis, Elite Choice, A Beach Cottage, House Beautiful, Poetic Home, Luxist, sfgate, The Passionate Home, unknown, 1st Dibs

Poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top