So...where were we before I so rudely had to dash away yesterday...? I'm sorry to keep breaking up our lovely chats. Thank you for waiting so patiently for me.

That's right.....vintage suitcases.

Did you like my li'l homage to these beauties? Weren't there some amazing uses for upcycling? I love the idea of giving new life to old pieces. LOVE. L.O.V.E. Really, reeeeally like this idea. Taking the best of really well-made things that have bags of character and giving them a whole new function for today's life. It's a huge part of what Modern Country Style is about......what my style is about.....


I have my mother's old suitcase and, instead of keeping it with the other more modern suitcases that we have in the attic, I like to keep this one at the end of our bed.

I love the old, battered leather against the soft glow of the mahogany.


I only like using vintage items if they have a real function for our family life NOW. I don't just like vintage for vintage's sake. It has to have function AND beauty to earn it's keep.

Yes, I'm a hard task-master. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen is my house mantra.


I use this suitcase for storage. What did I tell you? Function AND beauty...


I wanted a place to keep winter bedding in the summer, summer bedding in the winter, spring bedding in the....oh, you get it?!


You want me to stop going on and show you inside?

I can't believe you guys sometimes!

Alright, just this once....


See? This is our summer throw....


Vintage Suitcase. Two words....but don't they conjure up such glamorous images?

Aaaahhhh....


I really struggled to get the right bedside table for our...errr...bedside. After looking and looking, I decided to paint my own. Yes, shock, horror, I finally tackled a paint project!!

I'll share all the gory details with you next time...


I'm linking to parties in my sidebar...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top