On The Apprentice a couple of years ago, there was a contestant named Liz. I was outraged when she didn't win. It wasn't a matter of qualifications, looks or personality. Dang it, even her flawless CV didn't swing it for me. Liz should totally have won The Apprentice that year on account of her gorgeous mac.


It caught my beady eye the first time she wore it, and each episode my heart literally leaped if I caught a glimpse of said coat.

Cream with black taffetta detailing. All the essentials from the Country Classic mac but absolutely beautifully updated with Modern touches. An extra wide lapel, an additional collar panel, super-size pockets. Perfect Modern Country fashion.


I had mac-lust.

The Apprentice series finished and so, I thought, had the coat....
until the night, when lolling off to sleep, I had the sudden and thrilling thought that I might be able to find out where the mac was from on this here Internet.


I seem to recall that it was that very night that I grabbed my laptop and started frantically typing away. {Liz Apprentice mac, Liz Apprentice BBC coat, Liz cream black trench....ad nauseum} 

First of all, I managed to find a few images of Liz wearing the coat.


And then, after a number of fruitless searches, I stumbled across a forum which discussed that very item. My fellow coat-devotees were also trying to work out where Liz's mac was from. Someone offered that they had seen the coat in Karen Millen. Off I toddled to their website. Nothing. Hmmph.

So, never one to be deterred once I'm on a mission....next stop, ebay. I decided to start off with my only clue and searched for Karen Millen trench coats.

And, knock me down with a feather, there was the very mac of Liz's that I had been lusting after. 


In my size. Brand new. 
Eeeeeek!
It turned out that it was from the previous season, hence why I couldn't find it on the Karen Millen website. Duh! Of course!
It was a gooooooood moment! 


Anyway, to cut a long story shortish, I managed to buy the coat. It was no bargain, sadly. In fact, it cost more than it would have from Karen Millen.

But worth every single penny.
I love it. 

In fact, lots of you loved it too when I showed you this outfit from my 30 for 30 (mixing 30 pieces into 30 outfits over 30 days), back in January, when I was all of five months pregnant.

Do you remember? 


{I was definitely at that 'Is she pregnant or has she just eaten too many pies?' stage!}

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top